Instructions for calling your lawmakers:
1. First, review the sample scripts to make sure you’re ready to get your main points across.
2. Visit house.gov to find your Representative.
3. Dial (855) 466-4862 to connect to the Capitol Switchboard.
4. Once you call, you will hear a recording from a UNA-USA staff member that will explain how you’ll connect to your Representative’s office. Stay on the line during this message, and wait to be connected.
5. You will be prompted to press 2 to speak with your Representative. (Note: You may reach a live operator. Simply tell them the name of the Representative you are trying to reach and they will connect you directly.)
6. Make your selection, and you’ll be automatically patched through to the front desk of the correct office.
7. Urge your Representative to support the United States Commitment to Peacekeeping Act of 2021.
8. Didn’t reach your Representative on your first attempt? Call again or leave a voicemail!
9. Complete the follow-up survey to ensure you receive a certificate.