Instructions for calling your lawmakers:
1. First, review the sample scripts to make sure you’re ready to get your main points across. Scripts will be available in early October!
2. Visit house.gov to find your Representative. Visit senate.gov to find your Senator.
3. Dial (855) 466-4862 to call in to your Members of Congress.
4. Once you call, you will hear a recording from a UNA-USA staff member that will explain how you’ll connect to the Capitol Switchboard. Stay on the line during this message, and wait to be connected.
5. You will be prompted to press 1 to speak with your Senators, or 2 to speak with your Representative. (Note: Sometimes, you might reach a live operator. Simply tell them the name of the Senator or Representative you are trying to reach and they will connect you directly.)
6. Make your selection, and you’ll be automatically patched through to the front desk of the correct office.
7. Make the case for full funding our UN dues.
8. Dial up to three times to call both your Senators and your Representatives – we want to reach all Members of Congress!