Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a UNA-USA Member to attend the Global Engagement Summit?
- Yes, you must be an active UNA-USA member. If you are not a member, you are welcome to join and then register to attend the event.
Does UNA-USA help cover any travel costs?
- At this time, all travel expenses are the responsibility of summit attendees.
Does UNA-USA help with visa requirements?
- We do not provide any letter of invitations or documentation needed for visas.
How many members can chapters send to the Global Engagement Summit?
- There is no limit to the number of members a chapter can send to the summit. We welcome as many members as possible!
When is the last day to register?
- The last day to register is February 10, 2023.
Can someone else pickup my event badge on my behalf?
What is security and entry process for the UN Headquarters? Can I bring my luggage to the UN?
- Luggage cannot be brought to the UN Headquarters. Visitors are only permitted to bring a small bag or backpack inside the UN. More information about visiting the UN can be found on their Visitor Center website.
How do I enter the UN if I’m under 18 and don’t have a government-issued ID?
- Please email email@example.com once you’ve registered to indicate that you don’t have an ID.
What if I need to cancel my ticket? Can I get a refund?
- Refunds will be issued for cancelled tickets until February 7. If you would like to cancel your ticket and request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a hotel block available for GES attendees?
- We do not have a hotel block or arrangements with any hotel. However, we recommend attendees book at one of the following hotels:
- The Westin Grand Central New York
- Hyatt Grand Central New York
- EVEN Hotel New York – Midtown East
- Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza
- Club Quarters, Midtown East (45th&Lexington)
Information for Registrants
- All confirmed registrants have been sent a ‘Know Before You Go’ email from UNA-USA with important logistical details for the event. If you have not received this email, please email email@example.com.
- Please confirm that your name on the registration form is IDENTICAL to your government-issued ID that you will need to provide for UN Security to enter the UN Campus (i.e. passport, driver’s license, etc.) Also, please double check that the email address to which you will receive your confirmation email is spelled correctly. Once you have completed the registration form, you should see a pop up that indicates your registration has been successful. You will receive a confirmation email approximately 20-30 minutes later. If you have not receive a confirmation email within 2-3 hours from registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, but please check your Spam/Junk folder and wait for the outlined minimum time before reaching out as we are experiencing a high volume of communications. Thank you again for registering for the 2023 UNA-USA Global Engagement Summit and we look forward to seeing you there!