Members receive access to a range of exclusive benefits such as events at the UN and across the United States, as well as opportunities to advocate, host Model UN conferences, and connect young professionals to UN experts.
Tell Congress to Reject the President's Proposed UN Budget Cuts
On March 16, the President released his budget proposal, and it's worse than we thought for the United Nations. If enacted, the UN and its lifesaving agencies would see significant cuts this year. Congress needs to hear us loud and clear: These cuts are unacceptable and cannot happen.
Sending a letter to your Members of Congress is one of the most effective ways to let them know you oppose the President’s proposed cuts to UN funding. Click here to send a letter. 2. CALL YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS
Your Members of Congress represent YOU! Call their office to let them know you oppose the President’s proposed cuts. Click here for Members’ contact information and helpful talking points.
Members of Congress are back in their home districts for recess from April 10-21, 2017, giving you the opportunity to meet face-to-face with your elected leaders and advocate for strong U.S. engagement at the UN. Click here for four simple steps to plan a meeting.
4. SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share the following social media posts and graphics to inspire others to protect American leadership at the UN.
· The U.S. must NOT forfeit its influence at the @UN. Tell Congress to protect America’s global leadership → http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· We must protect U.S. leadership and influence at the @UN. ACT NOW: http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· The President’s budget proposal would severely jeopardize U.S. national security interests and compromise American leadership at the United Nations and around the world. Now is NOT the time to surrender our global leadership. TAKE ACTION: http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· The President has proposed severe cuts to the United Nations during an unprecedented time of global challenges. Tell Congress we MUST protect America's leadership at the UN → http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
Become a Member of UNA-USA UNA-USA and its chapters work to inform, inspire and mobilize Americans to support the principles and vital work of the United Nations and to strengthen the United Nations system.
Membership in the United Nations Association of the USA is open to any U.S. citizen or resident who is committed to the purposes of the United Nations Association of the USA.