4 Ways to Get Involved During UN General Assembly
September 15, 2017
The 72nd Session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) has started at UN Headquarters in New York City, bringing world leaders together to peacefully discuss the most critical issues of our time. Here are 4 ways you can participate from home:
1. Watch LIVE:
2. Join the Conversation on Social Media:
- Use this social media cheat sheet to interact online and get updates during UNGA and exciting side events! *Tip: The main hashtags to follow are #UNGA and #GlobalGoals.
- On Sun. 9/17, follow our UNA-USA social media fellows as they tweet live from the Social Good Summit. Held annually during UNGA, the Summit unites global citizens and progressive thought leaders to focus on unlocking technology’s potential to make the world a better place.
3. Attend of Host a Summit+SocialGood Local Hub:
- Most people are often left out of public forums and conversations that take place in big cities globally. The People’s Summit+SocialGood’s “Hubs” empower communities to convene digitally and dream about how we can change the world to achieve the SDGs together. On Fri. 9/22, gather to watch a livestreamed event and engage on social media with #GlobalPeopleSummit. Host your own Hub with this toolkit, or find a Hub to attend in your community!