The Adopt-A-Future Campaign Closed Marco 30, 2020
In 2016, the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA) and USA for UNHCR launched the Adopt-A-Future campaign. This campaign supported the educational needs of refugee children living in the Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps in Kenya. Adopt-A-Future had eight primary objectives and sought to increase educational outcomes for vulnerable and displaced populations.
- Expand Access to Education
- Ensure Safe Learning Environments
- Improve Data Collection to Advance Programming
- Emphasize Community Participation
- Improve the Quality of Teaching and Learning
- Promote Importance of Education for Refugee Children
- Strengthen Partnerships with Leaders in Education
- Promote Innovation in Education
UNA-USA engaged more than 70 chapters in supporting the educational needs of refugee children living in Dadaab and Kakuma
UNA-USA raised more than $600,000.00
Funding for this project:
- increased the number of classrooms for refugee children
- provided school uniforms, enabling more students to attend school
- provided latrines and improved sanitary conditions making it possible for all students to attend school
- Improved data collection
- provided textbooks and teacher professional development; and
- improved the quality of teaching and learning in the community
Effective March 30, 2020, UNA-USA will end the Adopt-A-Future campaign.
UNA-USA will continue to support the global refugee crisis through its network of chapters who remain dedicated to this cause. We’d like to extend a special thank you to Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser of Qatar and USA for UNHCR for their partnership. And finally, to all of our supporters whose generosity made it possible for young refugee children to attend school and receive the quality education they deserve, thank you!