Emerging Leaders Fellowship: Spring 2020
The UNA-USA Emerging Leaders Fellowship provides professional development to UNA-USA Students and Young Professionals who commit to participating in monthly virtual discussions and leading a local consultation. The theme of the spring 2020 Emerging Leadership cohort will be “Dialogues on UN75.” By completing the program, members will be equipped to lead global citizen consultations in their local chapters on the topic of the UN’s 75th Anniversary and gain professional development skills in event-planning, leadership, and communications. All program participants will create a consultation action plan over the course of the Fellowship and present their action plan to the National Office, the spring 2020 cohort participants, and their local UNA-USA chapters. There is no cost to participate.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis here. The first live webinar will be held January 22.
About Dialogues on UN75
UN Secretary-General Guterres has called on all UNA-USA members to participate in the world’s biggest global conversation. UNA-USA’s goal is to host a consultation in all 50 states. UNA-USA Emerging Leaders Fellowship participants will be trained as dialogue leaders in their local communities. Through the upcoming dialogues, UN75 aims to build a global vision for the year 2045, the UN’s centenary; to increase understanding of the threats to that future; and to drive collective action to realize that vision. The views and ideas that are generated during the consultations will be presented to world leaders and senior UN officials at a high-profile event during the 75th Session of the General Assembly in September 2020, and disseminated online and through partners on an ongoing basis.
Requirements for Participation:
- Must be a UNA-USA paid member (or registered youth member)
- Must be committed to participating in five webinar trainings (at least 3 of them being live participation)
- Must plan to complete a local UN 75 consultation with their UNA chapter in 2020
- January 22 – The UN at 75: An Overview of the Celebration Timeline and Toolkit
- February 26 – Key Issues and Topics for Local Consultations
- March 18 – Leading a Successful Dialogue
- April 15 – Partnerships and Promotion
- May 13 – Action Plan Presentations
*All sessions take place at 4 pm EST.