Emerging Leaders Fellowship: Celebrating UN 75 on UN Day
The UNA-USA Emerging Leaders Fellowship provides professional development to UNA-USA Students and Young Professionals who commit to participating in monthly virtual discussions and leading a local UN Day event. The theme of the fall 2020 Emerging Leadership cohort will be “Celebrating UN 75 on UN Day.”
By completing the program, members will be equipped to lead creative UN Day events in their local chapters that celebrate the UN’s 75th anniversary. Participants will also gain professional development skills in design thinking, event-planning, leadership, and communications. All program participants will create a UN Day celebration plan over the course of the Fellowship and present their action plan to the National Office, the fall 2020 cohort participants, and their local UNA-USA chapters. There is no cost to participate.
Apply here by Monday, July 6. The first live webinar will be held Wednesday, July 8 at 4 pm EST.
Requirements for Participation:
- Must be a UNA-USA paid member (or registered youth member)
- Must be committed to participating in five webinar trainings (at least 3 of them being live participation)
- Must plan to host a UN Day event with their local UNA-USA chapter in fall 2020
Curriculum: All sessions take place Wednesdays at 4 pm EST.
- July 8 – Unlocking Event Planning Creativity with Design Thinking
- August 5 – Action Oriented Promotions, Activities and Communications
- September 2 – Building an Effective Team
- October 7 – Identifying Successful UN Day Outcomes
- November 4 – Action Plan Presentations