Emerging Leaders Program: Champions for the Earth
Apply for the Fall 2019 Emerging Leaders Fellowship – Champions for the Earth
The UNA-USA Emerging Leaders Fellowship provides professional development to UNA-USA Students and Young Professionals who commit to participating in monthly virtual discussions. The theme of the 4th Emerging Leadership cohort will be “Champions for the Earth.” By completing the program, members will be equipped to lead climate action initiatives in their local chapters and gain professional development skills in event-planning, leadership, and communications. All program participants will create an action plan over the course of the series and present their action plan to the National Office, the fall 2019 cohort participants, and their local UNA-USA chapters. There is no cost to participate.
Requirements for Participation:
- Must be a UNA-USA paid member (or registered youth member)
- Must be committed to participating in five webinar trainings (at least 3 of them being live participation)
- Must plan to complete a climate action project with their UNA chapter between September 2019-April 2020.
- Applicants must be recommended by their chapter leadership in order to participate.
- August 21 – Climate Action and the 2030 Agenda – Watch the Recording
- September 11 – Climate Action at the UN – Watch the Recording
- October 9 – Event Planning and Marketing 101
- November 6 – Partnerships
- December 4 – Action Plans Presentations
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 6 – so you still have time to catch up! Watch the first two recorded webinars and join us for Call #3 on October 9th. Live participation in at least 3 webinars is strongly encouraged.