High School Projects for the Global Goals
So, you need to do a senior project (such as a senior thesis, capstone thesis, or IB Extended Essay)? Why not choose a project that relates to the Global Goals and contribute to a safer, healthier, happier world?
UNA-USA, with the help of 150 chapters across the US, works with community members and elected officials to garner support and raise awareness on the critical role of the UN and its global impact. UNA-USA promotes a better understanding of the Global Goals through leadership opportunities and advocacy.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals, also known as the Global Goals, were adopted as a part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The purpose of these universally applicable goals is to have countries mobilize efforts to end all forms of poverty, fight inequality, and tackle climate change.
Senior Project Examples:
- Start a new club or revitalize a pre-existing club which focuses on the Global Goals.
- Find a way, through a scientific experiment, paper, or study, in which a developing country could provide affordable and clean energy.
- Volunteer at an NGO which provides education to children who would otherwise go without.
- Intern at an organization which advocates directly or indirectly for the advancement of these Global Goals.
- Develop a creative way to help put an end to hunger in your community such as a food recovery program or a food drive.
- Host a film screening or speaker focused on the Global Goals.
Will UNA-USA give out projects?
- No, but UNA-USA will assist you in your project by offering resources and ideas.
Is UNA-USA going to be advising me and or guiding me through my project?
- No, UNA-USA is there for consulting and resources.
Is interviewing someone from UNA-USA a possibility?
- Yes, interviewing someone for a video or essay is possible. Just contact UNA Youth Engagement Manager Anna Mahalak at amahalak@UNAUSA.org.
Will UNA-USA give funding or grants to support my project?
- While UNA-USA is unable to directly provide funding, we can point you towards outside grant or funding opportunities.
Share your project with UNA Youth Engagement Manager Anna Mahalak at amahalak@UNAUSA.org and your project could potentially be featured on our website!