Celebrate International Day of Happiness: Virtual Activities
Currently, our world is facing stressful and difficult times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We could all use a lift. Luckily, today is the International Day of Happiness!
What is the International Day of Happiness? Since 2013, the United Nations has celebrated the International Day of Happiness as a way to recognize the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world. In 2015 the UN launched 17 Sustainable Development Goals that seek to end poverty, reduce inequality, and protect our planet – three key aspects that lead to well-being and happiness.
UNA-USA staff have recommended some ways you can celebrate your own happiness or make someone else’s day brighter:
- Share photos from this UN photo album which celebrates happiness around the world and caption it with your favorite SDG that supports well-being and happiness.
- Snap a selfie in your UNA-USA t-shirt (if you don’t have one, just wear something blue!) and tag UNA-USA on social media when you post.
- Don’t forget to keep moving! You can still take daily walks to enjoy some fresh air.
- Read a book or start a virtual book club with friends. UNA-USA staff have recommended some of their favorite books related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Write a thank-you note to someone you are grateful for or reach out to a family member or friend you haven’t talked to in awhile.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs that make you want to smile, sing along, and dance! Share it with family and friends today.