International Day of the Girl Child 2023
UNA-USA celebrates International Day of the Girl Child with our Global Goals Ambassadors, Ilinca Drondoe and Virgil Parker.
October 11th is the anniversary of the International Day of the Girl Child. Since 2011, it has been a global movement to recognize the rights of girls around the world, and their unique challenges.
This year’s theme was Invest in Girls’ Rights: Our Leadership, Our Well-being. Our Global Goals Ambassadors, Ilinca Drondoe and Virgil Parker, worked together to create a commemorative video to celebrate this day. They spoke to leaders around the country who believe in investing in young girls, and learned valuable tips for these types of investments.
- Rumi Morales, Girl Scouts of the USA, International Commissioner
- Deputy Mayor Erin Bromaghim, Deputy Mayor of International Affairs, City of Los Angeles
- Ambassador Harry Thomas, FMR. Director General of the Foreign Service, U.S. Department of State
- Nzinga Shaw, Member, Board of Councilors, The Carter Center
- Sia Nowrojee, Sr. Director, Girls & Women Strategy, UN Foundation
- Shanique Streete, Executive Director, Programs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Cindy Serrano Roberts, 2021 UNA-USA Advocate of the Year
- Lady Tee Thompson, UNA Women Chair
Special thank you to the Girl Scouts of the USA, the United Nations Foundation, The Carter Center, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the City of Los Angeles and everyone who helped bring this project to fruition!