Taking Global Local
I attended the UNA-USA Global Engagement Summit, now what? Here is a guide for UNA members who attended or participated in the GES online and desire to DO SOMETHING as a result.
- Stay connected to UNA-USA as a member. Use technology for social good and staying in touch by joining an affinity Facebook group discussion:
- Send us your story of how you are implementing what you learned at GES in your community!
Engage In Advocacy
- Write an op-ed about your experience and submit to your local newspaper!
- Use your new “advocacy through the arts” skills and submit a video promoting the Global Goals through the SONY Picture This campaign.
- Learn how to effectively communicate with your elected officials and schedule an in-district meeting with UNA-USA’s advocacy resources.
- Attend the UNA-USA 2018 Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. and meet with your member of Congress! Save the Date: June 10-12
Stand Up for Human Rights and Refugees
- Apply for a Stand Up for Human Rights grant through UNA-USA by April 1.
- Be like Chef Lidia Bastianich and host a dinner to support Adopt-a-Future.
Take Action for the SDGs
- Here’s a lazy person’s guide to saving the world.
- Act ASAP. The ASAP model stands for:
- Awareness: Educate people about the given issue and persuade them to change behaviors
- Service: Use your passion and creativity to take action to address the issue and solve problems.
- Advocacy: Convince leaders to address the issue, using their voice or joining with others to effect change.
- Philanthropy: Raise or donate money for the issue or provide in-kind-support.