About the UNA-USA Youth Observer Program:
The UNA-USA Youth Observer to the UN elevates youth voices in the global policy dialogue around international issues. For a one-year term, an American between the ages of 18-25 is selected to engage and connect young people in the U.S. to the work of the United Nations. The Youth Observer travels throughout the United States to discover the issues important to young Americans and serves as a youth delegate at UN conferences.
The Youth Observer also attends UN briefings, organizes events, and participates in coalitions to support a strong U.S.-UN partnership. The most critical role of the Youth Observer is to engage young Americans in the work of the UN, empowering them to be active participants to foster a greater global impact.
We’re looking for a poised, internationally-engaged young American to fill this role from August 2021-July 2022. Qualified individuals are:
- Passionate and entrepreneurial about civic engagement, youth issues, and the United Nations
- Talented writers, capable of digesting complicated information and quickly turning around blog posts to inform other youth
- Social media savvy individuals with creative ideas for digital engagement
- Intellectually curious and able to have meaningful conversations with high-level individuals
- Experienced public speakers who are enthusiastic about engaging with young Americans
- Dedicated to making the world a better place
This position requires a commitment of approximately 8-10 hours per week and occasional travel to New York City, Washington D.C., and other U.S. cities during their tenure (depending on COVID-19 restrictions).
Apply now to serve as the 2021-2022 UNA-USA Youth Observer to the UN. Applications are due Sunday, June 13 at 11:59 pm EST.