Fall Semester Checklist
Here’s everything you need to know to plan for your fall semester!
- Order Student Activity Fair Toolkits through UNA-USA by emailing Anna Mahalak (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15th.
- Register for your Fall Student Activity Fair. Before tabling, check out this guide on building your membership.
- Set goals for the semester and assign tasks to your Executive Board and officers. Recruit new officers as needed.
- Book space for UN Day programming and submit your request for a UN Day speaker to UNA-USA by September 3rd.
- Post on social media reminding people to stop by your Activity Fair table; try using Virtual Reality to spark interest in your tabling events!
- Email interested students, welcoming them to the chapter and inviting them to join a committee (examples of committees include: Advocacy, UN Day Planning, Social, Service, or Global Goals.)
- Hold your first meeting! Your agenda could include fundraising ideas, or a brainstorm for your UN Day (Oct. 24) programming.
- Get your new members involved in advocacy and contact your local representatives to advocate for the UN. Your elected officials will be in your local community from September 30th through October 14th. We encourage you to schedule a virtual advocacy training to help you prepare – email Marco Sanchez at email@example.com for more information.
- Celebrate UN Day anytime in October with an event that engages your campus community. Here are the top 10 ways you can celebrate UN Day.
- Consider submitting a blog post to UNA-USA about an event you held this semester. Contact your region’s Campus Fellow to learn more.
- Submit your end of semester report to UNA-USA by December 20th. Completing this report helps you maintain active chapter status and makes your chapter eligible for scholarships and grants.