UNA-USA campus chapters are student organizations at high schools and universities across the country. Check first to see if there’s already a chapter on your campus here. If not, start one today!
Uphold the mission of UNA-USA:
All chapter leaders should read, understand and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in Chapter Handbook.
Organizational Structure and Membership:
- Recruit and maintain at least ten members
- Engage a team of at least 3 chapter leaders to help you organize. President, Advocacy Chair and Membership Chair are required postions.
- Create a chapter email address for UNA-USA communication.
Campus and Online Presence:
- Host 2 community-facing events a school year on your campus that highlight the importance of the UN.
- Establish an online presence by creating a chapter social media account or website.
- Complete the end of semester reports to maintain active chapter status.
Adhere to the UNA-USA Code of Ethics and UNA-USA Brand Guidelines
How to Become a UNA-USA Campus Chapter
Determine if a UNA-USA Campus Chapter is right for you:
There are plenty of ways to engage with UNA-USA, and it is important that you understand the expectations and requirements of becoming an official UNA Chapter. UNA Campus Chapter are expected to have a sustainable and long-term presence on their campus over a number of years. Applying to be a UNA Chapter means ensuring proper leadership and leadership transition. Please read this page carefully before completing the Chapter application.
- Fill out the chapter interest application to start the conversation with the National Office.
- Recruit a team of 3 chapter leaders to help you organize. Please refer to this page for chapter leadership structure
- Have at least ten students activate their free UNA-USA membership at https://unausa.org/join/youth/
- Talk to your school student center about becoming a recognized group on campus and choose an on-campus advisor
- You’re officially a campus chapter!
If you do not have the time to commit to starting a new community chapter, consider getting involved in a nearby UNA Community Chapter.
Additional programs to consider: UNA Affinity Group, Emerging Leaders Program, Champions program.
Submit a Campus Chapter Interest Form*
*A member of our team will review your application, and you will be contacted via email with the next steps and/or approval.